The Leidos Civil NISC III program has an opening for a Business Analyst/Test Engineer in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions and performs a liaison function among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The candidate will work with senior Software Engineers to remediate software bugs and perform multiple test cycles. Selected candidate may advise project team leader and IT management on ways to improve quality of software being delivered to Quality Assurance (QA) for test.
The candidate will participate in product design reviews to increase the candidate’s understanding of functional requirements, and product designs. The candidate will be assigned to generate and review software documentation and report to the team lead about inconsistencies that team lead may use to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks. The candidate will be expected to manage their work within the time frame set out by the project plan.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience.
Interacts with the customers to know their requirements, cooperates with designers to convey the possible interface of the software, communicates with and guides the coders/developers to keep track of system development.
Experience in managing, tracking and validating requirements. Experience in writing detail functional and nonfunctional requirement.
Formally documents business, functional and technical requirements and tracks any changes to them by producing and using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverable documents, including functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, workflow diagrams and data flow diagrams.
The selected candidate will have experience and can demonstrate complete understanding and capability in these areas:
- Expertise with developing and implementing Selenium or Ranorex solutions.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in developing test and quality plans, evaluating requirements for testability, evaluating and establishing test approaches and methods, developing test cases and constructing functional, regression, and performance/load/stress scripts using test tools.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in evaluating requirements for testability, evaluating and establishing test approaches and methods, developing test cases and constructing functional, regression, and performance/load/stress scripts using test tools.
- Experience developing test plans, quality plans, a test schedule that integrates with master project schedule (must include a testing work breakdown scheduled (WBS) that includes the tasks, time segments, Level Of Effort (LOE), and critical path defined, checklist or reports that map test results to quality metrics, test cases, test scripts, progress reports, risk list and remediation reports.
- Experience developing testing programs that address areas such as the functional and operational performance of the system.
- Experience documenting test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Experience with the following activities for a Federal program following a formal System Development Life Cycle (SDLC): - Regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Creating or maintaining databases of known test defects.
- Documenting software defects and report defects to software developers.
- Monitoring bug resolution efforts and track successes. - Investigating customer problems referred by technical support.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience designing or developing automated testing suites.
- Experience implementing standards, methods and procedures to determine product release.
- Experience evaluating or recommending software for testing and/or bug tracking readiness.
- Experience installing, maintaining, or use software testing programs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.