Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for a Microsoft SQL Database Engineer to join our Enterprise Hosting Services team. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of database design, development, and optimization to be able to build and maintain databases. This position will assist in maintaining a SQL Server enterprise environment, providing support for numerous SQL Server clusters and instances in both on-premise data center and AWS Cloud.
We are seeking a team player who will work in a multifunctional Engineering team and also assist the MS SQL DBA team. This position can be supported from Orlando - FL or 100% telework.
- Lead the database design and database development efforts for specific application project teams
- Support database needs for multiple environments (development, test, QA, UAT) in a highly collaborative team environment
- Prepare scripts for modifying and maintaining production schemas and data
- Be responsible for SSIS, SQL Code, and Transact SQL routines
- Assist with SSRS report development and deployment
- Write optimized queries, views and stored procedures for integration with other applications
- Work with an Agile team providing database administration
- Interfaces with Architecture/System Engineering to define work objectives
- Provide Windows Server support for users including maintaining privileges, installing applications, performance tuning, and troubleshooting problems as needed.
- Develop, facilitate, and maintain documentation of procedures and processes used in the development, integration and deployment, triage, troubleshooting and implementation of corrections to all supported systems.
- Provide regular and frequent updates to documentation of processes in team’s toolset
- Provide developer and end-user support for databases including maintaining existing views and procedures, performance tuning, and troubleshooting database problems as needed.
- Validate that the work performed meets acceptance criteria
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum 8 years' SQL Server database design and administration experience in an enterprise environment. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- SQL Server 2014 (or higher) development and administration experience
- Experience with SSIS design and implementation as well as T-SQL development and analysis
- Excellent data analyst and architecture skills
- Experience with data modeling and schema design techniques
- Experience with database backup and recovery, creating complex stored procedures from user requirements, and providing effective performance tuning for SQL stored procedures
- Hands-on knowledge of implementing and administering MS SQL Server in a Windows cluster environment
- Create custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with PowerShell
- Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed, work independently and on a team, multitask, and deliver quality results
- Experience with SSRS design, development, and deployment
- Experience using Visual Studios and SQL Data Tools
- SQL Server 2012/2016 certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.