Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
Leidos is looking for a System Deployment Developer to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identification of software requirements for data systems
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software for data systems (e.g. distributed/local data processing (cloud, cluster, server))
- Data mining and analysis
- Telemetry processing
- Data accountability
- Data processing applications and pipelines
- Documenting requirements, designs, and test procedures
Required Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related discipline and at least 4 years of related experience.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) systems like Puppet (required), Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with programming using Python will be necessary
- Able to quickly develop solid understanding of application configuration steps from documentation, software developer and tester inputs, as well as other environmental information
- Experience developing tools for automated deployment of systems, including provisioning of virtual machines and configuring software
- Experience in developing high-quality software in minimal iterations – including design, development, unit testing, and clear product documentation
- Ability to adhere to a shifting schedule for competing development tasks and to clearly and objectively report status, issues, and needs for task completion
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams to achieve successful products
- Experience working in the following Infrastructure Environments:
- VMWare VSphere / ESXi
- Amazon AWS
- Other Cloud provider experience is welcome
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.