Leidos is currently seeking a professional Business Process Subject Matter Expert to join our expanding team. Our growing technical software development teams works closely with the IC community providing high quality services and support. The successful applicant will be responsible for, studying our current business processes and develop new methods to improve productivity, efficiency, and operational costs. As a business process SME, you will examine the way our organization operates, its long-term performance goals, and recommend ways it can work more seamlessly to achieve overall improvement.
- Manage the Sprint team to include our ServiceNow SME’s with knowledge and leadership to influence our customers to adapt to new processes and solutions.
- Individual will be crucial to the start-up and transition and support of the organization and lead the team through identification of scope and schedule.
- Technical leader for the customer, the PMO and the team they lead.
- Define, plan, implement and maintain business processes and procedures to meet business objectives for the customer to identify, track and mitigate execution roadblocks and technical risks.
- Business acumen directly applied through software development programs.
- Evaluate, analyze and identify opportunities for business process improvements and effectiveness of our operating programs.
- Develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements.
- Ensure in compliance with customer and company proposed standards.
- Work with other process engineers in integration of new and existing business processes. Use best practices to carry out business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities.
- Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks.
- Evaluate current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements.
- Develop and maintain best practices to meet changing business needs.
- Prioritize and execute projects for ongoing business improvements.
- Provide technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, costs.
- BA degree and 15 years of experience, or Masters with 11 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have experience customer Senior leadership and influence for adoption of our process improvements.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of developers or analysts
- ServiceNow module initiation, data ingestion, and process adaptation
- Maximo Inventory, Warehouse and logistics modules
- Must have experience with existing recognition in the customer space working enterprise level issues to successful completion.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Agile and/or Safe development experience
- Six Sigma or Greenbelt training
- Work is primarily located at the REC with occasional travel to Springfield
- Low to High and reverse data transport protocols
- Demonstrated experience working with security personnel to obtain process approvals, ATD, and ATP.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.