Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic job opportunity for a Security Specialist located at our Manassas, VA location. In this role, you will be responsible for controlling access, perform foot patrols and preserve order at program sites. You’ll maintain quick and controlled responses to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threats, flooding, hazardous materials, etc., and provide specialized security measures for high value program assets.
Shift & Pay Rate
6:00 am - 2:00 pm
Hourly Rate: $17
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintain safe and clean security reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform hourly foot patrols
- Maintain secure environment integrity
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled security reporting requirements
- Provide 5 minute or less response time to all incidents at assigned facility
- Execute FOD (Foreign Objects & Debris) sweeps during foot patrols
- Execute FOD sign-in sheets, monitor active/inactive worksheets per shift
- Observe and report incidents captured via CCTV
- Duty location may be re-assigned temporarily as operational requirements dictate
- Ensure operation of all security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Answer calls and investigate central service monitoring alerts
- Learn, verify, and execute JPAS VAR’s, and communicate with Leidos SCC
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Requires a high school diploma, or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a cell phone
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- A DoD clearance is not required to start, however, a final DoD Secret level of clearance is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Up to 10% travel required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- State of VA Guard Certification (Manassas)
- DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.