Leidos Corporate Hosting Services team is seeking an enterprise level hands-on Azure and AWS Senior Cloud engineer. In this role, you will work with our architect, domain engineer, and business development teams to design Leidos governed commercial cloud based solutions to meet incoming solution demand signals and backlog.
You will collaborate with Leidos internal customers to collect and analyze business requirements against current and planned cloud service offerings; develop stories, tasks, and personnel assignments for deployments in public cloud services to include AWS, Azure, and potentially other Cloud Service Providers in the future.
- Utilize prior demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge to develop and deploy cloud-based solutions with a focus on AWS and Azure, playing a vital role in the implementation of DevOps release and deployment cycles, security best practices, and change management.
- Lead cloud, network, infrastructure, systems and security development efforts, managing all aspects of the system/ application development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment and sustainment.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and via production of documentation) with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for infrastructure as software and API design change and management that include an impact analysis, coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization, and documentation.
- Support architecture with the delivery of customer Cloud Strategies and solutions, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Support application migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements within large regulated enterprise environments.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of relevant experience in systems or software engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience should include 6+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with current focus on public cloud environments.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies.
- Proven success developing and delivering cloud platform services for enterprise organizations.
- Experience in developing complex cloud based solutions, based on industry best practices and real life experiences, release and deployment plans of cloud, compute and storage services, security services, IaaS/PaaS services, and patching services.
- Experience in developing in a multi-cloud, hybrid cloud environment, with workloads and points of integration spanning across on-prem and cloud constructs, including AWS and Azure.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data API management) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Previous experience in product development, design, architecture and engineering for private cloud, Fed ramp cloud services, and infrastructure as a service.
- Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with complex cloud solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in managing cloud, network, infrastructure architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
- Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- US Citizenship is required and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud technologies and services with broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in public cloud
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.