Leidos is seeking an experienced and motivated Program Manager (PM) to support growth in the Defense Force Protection Market with emphasis on base defense and Counter-UAS (C-UAS). This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing resources and customer relationships to bring about the successful start-up of specific programs. The Program Manager will have the responsibility to manage all aspects of management, technical, cost, schedule and customer relationships on programs. Additional responsibilities include partnering with business development and line management to grow the business base by developing business relationships with both small and large partners to address force protection, base defense, and C-UAS opportunities. The PM will employ their subject matter expertise to support development of near and mid-term growth strategies for current programs and adjacent opportunities. In addition to PM responsibilities, this position will require ongoing support to relevant captures and proposals.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Requires US Citizenship and active Top Secret with ability to access to SCI DoD Security Clearance
- Demonstrated history of providing state-of-the-art security, law enforcement and air base defense in both steady-state and the most austere environments.
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAF and force protection, law enforcement and installation security related organizations, policies and strategy.
- Working knowledge of DOD / USAF threats and base defense systems; along with current operational employment defense methodology and procedures
- Proven ability to successfully manage and or lead a programs which were multifaceted of in terms of size, scope, and complexity.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with Industry, Academia, the USAF synchronizing efforts across multiple lines of operations simultaneously
- Proven ability to synchronize force protection and integrated security programs of interest across Joint Service stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and coordinate all contract operations.
- Current PMP certification
- Previous assignment history at Headquarters, US Air Force in Integrated Defense and Force Protection-related disciplines.
- Previous assignment history in USAF Geographic Combatant Commands in force protection, physical security and/or law enforcement leadership roles.
- Previous experience managing large and complex USAF contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery
- Familiarity with DOD hazards risk assessment, insider threats and Mission Assurance programs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.