Varec has a career opportunity for a business process improvement analyst. The candidate will apply project management skills, Lean, and Six Sigma best practices to projects focused on process efficiency, standardization, and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated agent for change.
- Champion business process improvement initiatives to ensure Varec employs best practices across the process baseline
- Evaluate business processes, procedures, and systems to identify gaps and recommend enhancements and opportunities for optimization
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies to reduce process waste and variation
- Facilitate structured improvement activities
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Perform regularly scheduled internal process audits
- Support the development of performance metrics
- Track, analyze and report to program management on trends found in the performance metrics
- Provide Varec Senior Leadership with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives.
- Plan and measure work progress to meet project requirements, priorities, and deadlines
- Proficient in business process flow diagramming
- Knowledge of the requirements to operate in an ISO 9001 certified environment
- Experience leading brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
- Proficient in data collection, value stream mapping, process capability, and root-cause identification
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt or Better
- Formal auditor training
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001
- Experience with process auditing
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- PMP Certification
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.