Leidos is hiring a Sr. Java Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our Senior Java Developer, you will utilize your extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. You will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. You will have the ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. You demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. You will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Day to Day Duties:
- Design and develop applications from the functional requirements.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting the Twelve-Factor Application Methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Create POCs, templates for developing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test framework for the APIs using Cucumber, Gherkin, and Java.
- Develop Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) based Web Services using Web Service Technologies and Security such as JAX-WS Web Services, WS-Security, IBM Data Power, Web Services-Interoperability (WS-I), Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism (MTOM), or SOAP with Attachments (SWA), Apache Axis and Web Service Definition Language (WSDL).
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Java Batch application using Java Specification Request (JSR) 352 specification and schedule java batch jobs using Control-M.
- Develop Data Access Layer (DAO) to interface the application with IBM DB2 9.0 database running on z/OS 64-bit mainframe operating systems for IBM mainframes that queries and retrieves data using SQL, JNDI, JDBC template and through Object Relational Mapping(ORM) tool Hibernate.
- Design Web Page components that are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d).
- Create Maven build scripts to automate the build process.
- Use the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, UCD to version control, build, store artifact, and deploy the software projects.
- Use MS Project, Visio and IT Governance Frameworks to document the solution architecture & develop UML based design documents.
- Develop unit test cases for every possible Java class with real scenarios using Junit, Mockito and PowerMock frameworks.
Key Required Skills:
- Bachelors degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne.
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture.
- Experience in coding “responsive” web pages with an understanding of the cross-browser limitations and browser compliance standards.
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-native applications onto AWS with PostgreSQL.
- Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations..
External Referral Bonus:-
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.