The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division currently has an opening for an Electrical Designer/Drafter providing onsite support for multiple manned aerial platforms for our customers. The job of the Electrical Designer/Drafter is to perform engineering support as well as provide documentation pertaining to the overall aircraft installation. Specific duties will include but not be limited to; collecting, maintaining, organizing, and compiling technical data, to include extensive utilization of AutoCAD Electrical to capture system interconnectivity.
- Performs tasks in the operation and application of Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment
- Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering
- Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product
- Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards
- Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation
- May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage
- High School and two (2) years of prior relevant experience; additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory
- Previous CAD experience required
- Be willing to relocate to Harrisonburg, Virginia area if not local
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Associate’s degree in a related discipline
- Prior military avionics experience strongly desired
- Active DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.