The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Program Analyst to support the DCS Battery Program within the Power Services Group (PSG). PSG provides both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the Un-interruptable Power Supply (UPS) and Batteries Programs. The location is in Washington DC and and is part of the National Air Space Integration Support Contract III (NISC III). The Power Services Group provides support for critical power infrastructure for FAA.
In this role you will be called upon to conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of complex electrical, electronics and visual aids system within the National Air Space.
Electrical power systems may include combinations of more than one source of commercial power, batteries, power conditioning systems, uninterruptible power systems and complex switching and monitoring systems.
Duties for the position include:
- Creating and maintaining program/project schedules.
- Identifying and updating project team members.
- Creating and maintaining project charters.
- Creating and maintaining baseline scope agreements.
- Preparing program and project metrics.
- Participating in weekly and monthly telecoms
- Reviewing and updating the FAA Corporate Work Plan with project identification.
- Origination, validation, assessments, and scheduling requirements of the programs.
- Ensuring all scheduling, financial and other related applications are in agreement.
- BS degree in Technical or Business discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in project analysis or project management, preferably related to power systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to support clients and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedule and technical impact of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to maintain documentation on projects including design notes, design calculations, work logs, vendor contacts and other documentation
- Ability to represent clients in meeting and other activities dealing with both inside and outside the department
- Ability to work well with engineering and management staffs, including external organizations to ensure timely follow up and on-time project completions.
- Familiarity with FAA, FAA Corporate Work Plan Knowledge.
- Experience with using Primavera and its specific application within the FAA.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.