Leidos’ corporate Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) organization is seeking a Director, Strategic Planning to help shape Leidos’ strategic direction and drive growth and profitability. This position will be located at the Leidos headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and will be responsible for partnering with other corporate strategy team members and with leaders from across the company to develop, communicate and help implement strategies to drive growth. This role provides an opportunity to develop elements of Leidos’ corporate strategy, lead the analysis and development of market strategies, identify and conduct diligence on potential strategic partners and acquisition candidates, and engage in organizational performance improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have previously served in a business strategy consulting or investment banking role with a top tier firm, or in a corporate strategy or corporate development role with an aerospace or technology services company.
- As a member of the Leidos corporate strategy team, the position supports the development and implementation of the overall corporate strategy and provides the market research and analysis in order to inform the decision-making process.
- Partners with the Executive Leadership Team to provide research and analysis to support strategic decision-making and situational awareness
- Partners with Corporate Development by investigating and evaluating potential targets for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Partners with Group Strategy VPs to support the development and implementation of each Group’s strategic plan and provides the market research and analysis in order to support decision-making.
- Partners with Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) to provide customer analysis to include priorities, budget, and spending trends.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Manages and fully leverages cross-business Industry Associations to maximum enterprise benefit.
- Develops and implements Strategy Communication and Cascade process to ensure all Leidos employees are aware of Corporate and Group strategies, align with strategies relevant to their roles, and are energized by the future direction of Leidos.
- Partners with Investor Relations and Media Relations to ensure consistent communication framework to all stakeholders (employees, shareholders, customers, community/media.)
- Manages relationships and works with strategy consulting firms to deliver project objectives.
- Supports corporate events and requests such as the Strategic Advisory Group, Leidos Board of Directors meetings, Investor briefings, and CEO presentations.
- Business Administration degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of 15+ years of experience in strategy, M&A or corporate development related experience. Or a Masters and 13+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw insights to inform decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated capability in and familiarity with market research, competitive, and financial analysis.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management and teammates.
- Knowledge of federal budget, spending, and acquisition processes.
- Skills required: PowerPoint, Mekko Graphics, Excel, Word, research subscription knowledge (e.g., BGOV, DACIS, GovWinIQ).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Strategic Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.