As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA, and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- BS Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Have recent and broad experience with developing software code in Java, utilizing common frameworks such as Spring, MVC, Camel Routes, Hibernate, etc.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to analyze existing, complex code base, identify potential issues, risks, and solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation for installation procedures, help files, etc..
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Knowledge of source control software, such as Git.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Atlassian tool suite.
- Knowledge and ability to apply best practices.
- Plexus Workflow
- C/C++, Solaris
- Biometrics software and systems
- Scripting experience (Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified in SAFE
- Knowledge and experience implementing workflows using Camel Routes or similar.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Familiarity with the IDENT1 environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.