Ready for a career move working in an elite R&D branch of Leidos doing work no one else is doing?
We are looking for a senior-level Solution Architect with innovative ideas and expertise in computer science, computation, and modeling and simulation to work in Arlington, VA. An applied perspective is required. You will create and lead novel research and development efforts in the role of Principal Investigator as part of a cross-discipline team composed scientists and engineers. A technical understanding of AI/ML technology, across commercial and Government applications, is required, as a starting point. You will be able to demonstrate your expertise in leading a team to create solutions for an end-user/organization and you have a successful track record in creating and leading new business to show for it.
If this is you, you have proven experience in leading the development of novel and compelling technical approaches and solutions in support of business development objectives. You also have proven experience in forming teams of composed of industry, small businesses, and academic-based partners for contract R&D programs and directing teams of research scientists and engineers (including research scientists with backgrounds in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and embedded systems) in the design of sub-components, the integration of the components into a prototype-level system, and testing and research validation methodologies and techniques. If you like contributing to the managing business aspects of contract management and project execution then this role could be for you.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Develop topics for creative and innovative R&D approaches to solving major machine-learning or artificial challenges and work with potential sponsors (customers or internal champions) to secure funding for new research efforts based on those topics
- Lead teams of fellow researchers, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to execute complex R&D projects through the various stages of a program: design, development and integration, and evaluation
- Design and implement innovative and novel solutions that address the technical challenges as specified by customers
- Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations internally.
This is you:
- Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, data science, or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics with at least 12 years of experience or a Master's degree with 10 years of relevant experience. A PhD is highly desirable.
- Sustained (e.g., at least 5 years), hands-on experience with: data modeling and data engineering, feature engineering, model lifecycle management, and cloud infrastructure; supervised and unsupervised deep learning algorithms such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, gated recurrent unit and working in data analysis, modeling, and visualization packages in TensorFlow, Kera, Pytorch, Caffe, and Theano; and developing or integrating analytics in programming languages such as Python.
- Significant experience working with members of the DoD or Intelligence Community on the transition of applied
R&D projects into advanced prototypes or full operational transition.
- Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Experience integrating solutions that incorporate of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond in one or more subfields of ML or AI: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support.
- Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects that include strong communication skills needed to present research plans, progress, and results to customers and internal decision-makers alike.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access
- PhD dissertation in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence with publication track record
- Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as a principal investigator
- Prior experience working with All-Source Intelligence Analysts to design mission-focused solutions.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.