The Systems Administrator will provide server operations and maintenance (O&M) support for physical and virtual machine based environments.
- Monitor systems, proactively ensure SLA met
- Own scrum process (attend, participate, etc.)
- Work with SRE to develop efficiencies
- Troubleshoot server platform issues and perform other system support asks such as monitoring, log management, tier 2 incident and problem escalation support, performance monitoring, and hardware replacement
- Provide dedicated support for troubleshooting of server platform issues and user questions; work with users to resolve tickets; troubleshoot individually and as part of a team
- Schedule, plan, and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Support patch and maintain infrastructure systems to be compliant with security scans
- Work with engineering to improve the supportability of the domains and maintain the application delivery systems
- Configure and maintain the domain certificate infrastructure, print services, and group policies
- Provide direct support to other Server Infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities
- Interpret and implement system standards, process, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and to serve as reference material for other teams
- Work alongside datacenter personnel to track inventory and support server hardware replacement/recap efforts; data center server support includes occasional driving to sites throughout WMA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of Windows and Linux Systems Administration experience
- Hands-on experience providing Tier 2 support for both Windows and Linux based systems
- Knowledge of and experience with application delivery solutions
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with shell scripting or Python
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.