Leidos is looking for you, our next Data Scientist to work in Arlington, VA helping to find and align signals across multiple modalities (image, video, audio, lidar, etc. and implement and customize algorithms to fusion multiple data modalities. We know you are a strong Python coder with knowledge in using Machine Learning (ML) libraries like SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, Keras on both CPU and GPU compute architectures.
If you are intellectually adaptive, inquisitive, good at expressing your needs, and good at being self-managed when necessary this might be your new gig! You will work alongside junior and senior software/system engineers and research/data scientists with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems. The Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community will be the main recipients of your hard work.
Fun roles you will have on this job:
- Create AI/ML prototypes for use cases requiring identifying entity/objects, determining object association, object disambiguation, anomaly detection, state estimations, etc.
- Develop and maintain data models (both physical and logical)
- Perform extraction, transform, and load (ETL) tasks related to the different modalities and algorithms being applied. This data ETL includes identifying the data’s relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy, integrity, and information assurance and security.
- Conduct anomaly detection using various AI/ML techniques
- Use algorithms to identify complex patterns across multiple modalities
- Increase the efficiency and quality data alignment and fusion
- Enhance and maintain analysis tools, including automation of current processes using AI/ML algorithms
- Direct quantitative data analysis including developing retrieval, processing, fusion, analysis, and visualization of various datasets
- Configure and program prototypes Jupyter notebooks with ML solutions
- Setup and use AWS instances to train and operate AI/ML models
This is you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields with less than 2 years of experience
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with a polygraph security clearance
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Mxnet, etc. - Ability to apply these frameworks to real problems in the ‘time -series’ domain
- Practical experience with statistical analysis
- Expert software development skills lifecycle including developing and maintaining good production quality code
- Hands-on Software Development Skills (Python-Preferred)
- Experience or educational courses/projects in Machine Learning, and/or Text
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Visualizations/Web Development Skills (e.g. Tableau, D3, etc).
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Hands-on experience with automating data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transforming data human
- Hands-on experience applying data analytics
- Hands-on experience with intelligent systems and machine learning
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning models
- Big Data Skills (Azure, Hadoop, Spark, recent deep learning platforms)
- Experience with text mining tools and techniques including in areas of summarization, search (e.g. ELK Stack), entity extraction, training set generation (e.g. Snorkel) and anomaly detection
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.