Leidos is hiring a AI/ML - NLP/ML Scientist with R and Python scripting expertise for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. In this role you will build algorithms to meet business requirements and use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modelling skills to utilize a comprehensive platform for data analysis.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Use Business Intelligence tools to visualize and analyze data
- Integrate disparate data sets and work with multiple systems and tools to extract data for deeper analysis;
- Use big data platforms
- Utilize various programming languages to create scripts to work with data and algorithms
- Apply Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Masters degree (PhD preferred) from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Over 3 years of practical hands-on work experience using Data Science methodologies and tooling.
- Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning
- Proficiency in scripting languages; R, Python, or equivalent
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in various models and techniques such as Bag of Words, Latent Semantic Analysis (TF-IDF), Dimension Reduction, and others
- Understanding and application of various algorithms such as Logistic Regression, Gaussian Naïve Bayes, K Nearest Neighbors, Random Forest, Support Vector Machines, and others
- Evaluation techniques such as Confusion Matrix, F1 score, ROC, AUC, and similar
- Proficiency in transforming data, classifications, and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing
- Experience working in big data environments and relational databases
- Experience in various tools such as R Studio, Jupyter Notebook, or similar
- Excellent research, analytical, written, and oral communications
- Ability to work as an independent contributor and in team activities
- Must be able to pass a Federal Suitability for Public Trust
- Experience with healthcare and healthcare systems
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, or similar
- Advanced skills and expertise in data mining, natural language processing, and distributed computing
- Understanding of deep learning techniques
- Ability to create, test, and evaluate custom models
- Ability to visualize results for business consumption
- Understanding of development lifecycle skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.