The Junior Configuration Manager (CM) will assist a configuration team in developing, implementing, and auditing the configuration management (CM) process and associated documentation to ensure the CM policy is being followed. They will be responsible for implementing tasks for the maintenance and continuous improvement of network configurations and documentation of the operational systems. They will also help senior team members to review and implement changes within configurations design and documentation.
- Support the development and management of Sponsor Governance and Readiness Reviews
- Monitor and provide oversight of environmental integrity
- Implementation of delivery
- Execute and monitor changes to the development of the CM policy
- Monitor the network baseline configuration
- Work with teams to create and maintain configuration baselines to support all mission networks.
- Provide documentation changes, updates and assist in the creation of new policy documents
- Provide configuration status reporting and/or metrics
- Work collaboratively to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on the area / project team and deliverables
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline and 2+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of experience as a configuration manager
- 2+ years’ experience as a Network administration
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
- Must be proficient in M/S Word, Visio and Excel
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.