The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking an Angular/Java Developer in Baltimore/Rockville, MD to support the FDA SIRCE contract.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Imports Operations is one of the key functional areas within FDA. Headquarters and field staff utilize several systems to process entries of imported FDA-regulated commodities. Entry Review and the Operational and Administrative System for Import Support (OASIS) are the primary components used by field staff to perform entry review, record fieldwork results, and to make compliance and admissibility decisions. Predictive Risk-Based Evaluation and Dynamic Import Compliance Targeting (PREDICT) is utilized to perform risk-based screening of entries coming to FDA from Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Automated Commercial Environment (ACE). Import Trade Auxiliary Communications System (ITACS) is utilized to allow the Import trade community to view and send updates for open entries stored in the OASIS database. Prior Notice Manager provides the staff of the Division of Food Defense Targeting (DFDT) with capabilities to review and process food imports subject to Prior Notice requirements.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Imports Software Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- can independently develop, code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives.
Minimum qualification and experience
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. 2+ years of Angular experience. Considered an emerging authority.
• Experience in full software lifecycle development with Java/JEE, Java Script, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Oracle 12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4j, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
• Experience in developing applications using Angular/Java technology stack
• Understanding of Microservices and rule engine processing
• Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
• Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same function.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
• Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
• Experience with Subversion/Git, JIRA, Microfocus ALM
• FDA Imports domain knowledge - Familiar with Agile development methodology
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Desired: Angular 6+, JPA/ORM
Experience with transitioning business logic from PL/SQL to Java, developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.