Leidos is searching for one or more mid-level DevSecOps Engineers to join a team supporting cloud hosted enterprise applications for multiple programs supporting DHS and TSA. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with our team to maintain and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build, secure, and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Necessary skills include software and systems development, test and evaluation, configuration and release management, data management, IT security, service desk, operations and maintenance functions, and supporting business process engineering services for the infrastructure as well as the applications within the portfolio. Ideal candidate will have solid hands on experience in supporting a cloud based environment while working on a remote team.
- Works as part of team to provide evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs and release/deployment plans. Assess the operational and functional baselines and its supporting systems.
- Documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Maintain system protocols, architecture , requirements and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Support configuration management, quality assurance, and cybersecurity throughout the release cycle in a DevSecOps environment.
- Participate in the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments, work with system development teams to remediate findings and when required provide solutions to system teams.
- Assist in IT Service Desk and troubleshooting to quickly resolve issues for end users including direct support via telephone.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in a FedRAMP (or other secured Cloud) environment and experience with AWS is required.
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle is a plus.
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, PHP, Python, Powershell, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Capacity management for compute, network, and storage resources to achieve required performance, availability and resilience while also effectively managing costs.
- System monitoring related to service/server availability, utilization, performance, security events, etc.) and metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
- Provisioning of servers, storage, network, software and applications
- Compliance with applicable cyber requirements and other government policies and directives
- Engineering and integration of tools and software for use in operating FedRAMP cloud environments
- Planning and implementing COTS upgrades and maintenance activities · Resolution of problems reported or discovered, to include root cause analysis development and reporting
- Achieving required performance measures as defined in program Service Level Agreements and Statements of Work
- Experience in practical application of lifecycle system engineering for IT Infrastructure
- Experience managing infrastructure with strong emphasis on security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, CIS Benchmarks etc.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team while remaining self-disciplined on task execution.
- Strong focus on the mission including direct customer support.
- Cloud based architecture experience in the AWS environment
- Demonstrated experience working with configuration management/automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation,
- Experience and expertise in the following operating systems and other COTS products:
- Microsoft Servers: Windows, Exchange, SQL, AD, and SharePoint
- RedHat Linux
- IBM Products : WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Maximo
- Oracle Enterprise and Standard Databases, Oracle WebLogic
- AWS Infrastructure and Platform service offerings (VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and RDS. (AWS certification a plus)
- Operational tools on AWS such as F5, Splunk, TrendMicro Deep Security, CA PAM/ CyberArk, SolarWinds, Tenable Security Center, and others
- Mobile Device Management Platforms (MobileIron/Knox, Meraki, AirWatch)
- Experienced in Infrastructure monitoring & debugging.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet program needs. Some evening, weekend work will be required.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain DHS or TSA vetting (active preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience. Or, Master's degree with 6+ years of experience. Direct experience may substitute for years of education on a one for one basis.
- Active DHS/TSA Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.