The Logistics and Mission Support (L&MS) Operations has an opening for a Program Manager for the Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS) leading a 17 person team in Oklahoma City, OK.
Leidos provides support to the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center/Propulsion Directorate through the sustainment and modernization of CEMS, the system of record for all USAF propulsion assets. The CEMS reporting data consists of aircraft engine and maintenance status information. It serves as the system of record for management, tracking, and control of all USAF engines and critical rotating parts
- Contains data for 24,000 engines and 2M parts
- Contains cradle-to-grave history (operating times, maintenance, failure modes)
- 2500+ Users, 400 locations, 47 OCONUS sites
- 300,000+ transactions per day
CEMS is a large, complex system with 700K lines of code and 270M + records. While the mainframe system was developed in the 1980s, Leidos is in the middle of a software modernization effort.
The contract scope includes providing full lifecycle SW support, testing, documentation, and cyber security for system. CEMS is in a transitional phase, moving from a mainframe to an Oracle database with eventual movement to the cloud. Throughout this transition, CEMS must continue to provide active and seamless interfaces to 10+ other key USAF information systems.
The PM is the primary technical and managerial interface between the contracted workforce and the COR. The PM is responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work plans, remediating discrepancies, and communicating policies, purposes and goals of the organization to subordinates. The PM is responsible for the quality and efficiency of the requirements (CR/DR) completed for CEMS. The PM will:
- Be able to resolve problems and maintain customer satisfaction within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters
- Have working knowledge and experience administering and managing multiple IT tasks in IT programs similar in size and scope to CEMS
- Be able to clearly and succinctly communicate – oral and written - with highest levels of management
- Be available during normal duty hours able to meet with CEMS PMO management within 24 hours to discuss problems.
- Meet with the COR and CEMS PMO management as necessary to maintain satisfactory performance and to resolve any other issues
- Ensure all meetings are documented, with notes provided to Government customer within 2 days of meeting
- Use key performance parameters to monitor work performance, measure results, ensure delivery of contracted product deliverables and solutions, support management and decision-making and facilitate communications.
- Identify risks, resolve problems and verify effectiveness of corrective actions
- Institute and maintain a process that ensures problems and action items discussed with the COR are tracked through resolution and shall provide timely status reporting.
- Establish and maintain a documented set of disciplined and continuously improving processes for administering all technical efforts
- Requires a Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 10+ years of experience on software development programs/projects
- Requires 10+ years of supervisory experience successfully planning, directing, and managing projects similar in size and scope
- Requires 10+ years experience with Project Management, Infrastructure Software Development Software Development on an IBM mainframe and Oracle environments.
- Requires 5+ years experience with agile development practices and implementation
- Technical and administrative knowledge of industry accepted agile software development tools and standards
- Knowledge of CM and QA concepts and guidelines
- Experience successfully managing Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) and COTS based system development efforts, including areas such as system integration, and web content management
- Experience successfully managing a large IBM mainframe application to include various methodologies of interfacing with multiple systems on different platforms
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, and define problems and issues, and to develop resolutions pertaining to system development/sustainment
- Knowledge of or experience with successful cloud migration projects
- Certified SCRUM master
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) MySQL 5.6 Developer
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.