The Deputy Program Manager will lead the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program which consists of several hundred IT professionals and project managers. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
- Assist the Program Manager to meet all technical, financial, and contractual and performance requirements to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
- Serve as second in line to discuss contract issues with the government (in the event the Contract PM is unavailable)
- Directly contribute to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities
- Point of contact / accountable for all aspects of contract execution and manages the hands-on, day-to-day execution of operational activities, and is authorized to act on all matters relating to the daily operation of the task order
- Utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents
- Jointly responsible for program/project management operations and resourcing of all program and project requirements, including staffing, GFE accountability, and tasking responses
- Communicate and coordinate the resolution of all project related problems to the appropriate project Government lead
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 10+ years of experience, or Masters with 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 6+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and efficiently work several projects simultaneously with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a program in a high tempo, high demand environment
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least forty (40) IT professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Federal Acquisition Certification Program/Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) Entry Level certification on Project Management
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Strong Technical background with certification in one of the following: System Engineering, System Administration, Cybersecurity, or Networking
- ITILv3 certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.