We are seeking individuals with system administration and engineering experience with emphasis on Linux, Windows, virtualized, and containerized environments with strong knowledge of infrastructure integration and administration. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the requirements capture, system design, systems integration/build, and deployment of software and hardware deliverables related to the Skyborg Autonomous Core System products and capabilities. Support and performance of systems administration tasks for multiple network environments and periodic software/system testing is required. The candidate will routinely interface with the Development Lead, the Operations Lead, the Architecture Lead, the Testing Lead and various government and field test teams at some customer sites. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The work will be accomplished in support of the Skyborg System Design Agent program.
- Successfully deploy and maintain bare metal and virtual clients, servers, and network systems
- Create/Edit documents for system build, installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform system analysis to isolate faults in bare metal and virtual environments
- Perform system analysis for purposes of performance optimization and catastrophe mitigation
- Use scripting and automation tools to automate tasks and create efficiencies across entire infrastructure
- Perform research as required to find solutions to complex problems and/or incorporate emerging technologies into existing infrastructure to create efficiencies and optimizations
- Perform installation, configuration, and testing of newly delivered software for purposes of integration and release testing, and deployment to customer sites
- Be proficient at writing technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Work with Software engineers to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards including the ability to work with CA signed certificates
- Create DRs, CRs, and OPS tickets to track software discrepancies
- Create, track, and update operations and help desk tickets using tracking software
- Be willing to run Test Procedures at a customer site with the customer witnessing.
- Be flexible in tasking changes due to supporting simultaneous software releases and customer deadlines.
- Provide functional design inputs into design documentation and formal/informal design reviews, including workflow definition, architecture design and mock-up development and human interaction implementation recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new features and releases function properly within the customer’s environment. Including Active Directory/LDAP Integration and other dependent subsystems such as timing, name resolution, network file sharing, and more.
- Requirements elicitation, capture, definition and documentation for new capabilities and features associated with successful integration of Skyborg Autonomous Core System capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Technical field and 8-12 years of relevant work experience or Masters with 6-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Core Infrastructure services administration
- Active Directory and User account administration
- Domain Name Service administration
- File Server administration with an emphasis on CIFS
- DHCP administration
- Familiar with designing and employing resource monitoring and analysis strategies for multiple client, server, and network device interactions to detect and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Strong in local and remote software application installation, removal, and troubleshooting with CentOS, Redhat, and Windows operating systems
- Strong in configuring system bios, updating firmware, and managing disk configurations (raided, non-raided) on various hardware platforms
- Strong in managing and deploying images for workstations and servers in a variety of medium (PXE-network, disk image, automated installation media with answer scripts/parameters)
- Strong MS Windows, Linux, Networking/Switch, and Virtualized and containerized administration experience
- VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V, Docker
- Experienced in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
- Experienced with Unix scripting (bash) and Power Shell
- Requires a Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a small group environment.
- Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
- Experience supporting dual-boot bare metal configuration with individual virtualized environments
- Understand and implement Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs) for Defense and Government industry
- Familiar with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171 and implications to infrastructure and operational impacts to for implementation strategies and risks
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience with Software development build tools and processes (Build Pipeline)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, or Git, Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Knowledge and/or experience with database administration, Java, Perl, or Python
- Experience with model and simulation environments to support research
- Experience with Live and Virtual Constructive environments to understand complex systems and troubleshooting points for integration
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Be able to obtain an 8570 Certification
- The Ability to obtain an TS SCI Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.