Leidos is looking for a UX Analyst who is passionate about creating a positive user experience, an authority in designing and delivering usable services and applications, and a whiz at user research and usability studies. If you're interested in working on a corporate IT team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise and a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science - we have a role for you!
TEAM AND MISSION
We are the CIO Services Customer and User Engagement team at Leidos. We provide Leidos employees with the information and support they need to make their IT experience efficient and effective. We are an internal-facing team that provides user experience support, communications, engagement, training, and documentation support for all facets of IT. We are a creative and hardworking team. We help our fellow employees, whether it be through preparing them for a new system via communications and training, providing support on an existing system, or improving interfaces and processes so that they can focus on their business objectives. We are seeking a new team member to help us improve our employees' experiences with IT services.
You are a user experience analyst with a background in IT that enjoys making applications, services and processes simple. You are familiar with usability and user experience principles and can apply them to technical topics. You have experience conducting user research and usability studies. Areas such as cybersecurity, enterprise applications, infrastructure and mobility, are familiar to you. As an individual contributor, you will work with a geographically dispersed team of IT project managers, service lifecycle managers, executives and engineers to support the design of forms, applications, services and systems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Focus on improving and growing the user experience function within CIO Services, including but not limited to developing templates, a methodology, personas, and processes.
- Implement and embed user experience into all IT projects and throughout the core of the CIO Services organization.
- Evaluate new and existing interfaces, forms and applications that support business processes, make recommendations and implement solutions to improve the user experience.
- Conduct usability studies, user research and testing on existing and new applications.
- Analyze user feedback and activity to iterate and enhance the user experience of IT products.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and stakeholders with CIO Services and in other corporate functions to create user-friendly applications.
- Design and develop wireframes using industry-standard tools.
- Enhance the reputation of CIO Services within Leidos by improving the quality of services and the way that employees interact and use IT.
We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker and a self-starter. You can jump in and identify problems and corresponding solutions without explicit directions, and you can find creative ways to solve problems. You are a team player who can win over the hearts and minds of stakeholders. You maintain a positive attitude and are a standout colleague. A keen eye for details is required. If you are passionate about developing impactful user experiences, we have the role for you.
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of prior experience as a UX Designer, Usability Analyst, User Researcher, or similar role.
- Strong background of customer service and working with multi-functional teams.
- Knowledge in user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability testing, and content strategy.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills, as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of accessibility, WCAG, Section 508
- Industry recognized UX certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.