Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a SIEM Engineer that will be part of the Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. The primary focus for the SIEM Engineer is to be able to configure, manage, operate, and administrate the SIEM managed platform. In addition, the candidate must have a strong understanding of information security and networking, and extensive experience interacting with end users. The SIEM Engineer serves as an escalation point for critical and complex client issues and assists with developing and documenting work processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent experience and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol suites and ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently in a remote environment.
- Experience with configuration of debug, event generation and logging functionality within application and operating systems, using Syslog or flat file generation.
- Develop metrics and trends that demonstrate the log platform's health and operational state.
- Participate in information security audits, ensuring the technical compliance with related (e.g. PCI, ISO, etc) regulatory requirements.
- Define, document, and implement appropriate delivery, parsing, reporting, and retention of security-relevant log information.
- Assist users of the SIEM in real-time investigation and analysis.
- Research and document security best practices to continually improve the deployment and use of the SIEM.
- Maintain the health, performance, stabilization, tuning and ongoing planning of the SIEM platform.
- Work with other teams in the integration of security tools with the SIEM.
- Develop new SIEM content including correlation rules, dashboards, reports, and alerts that appropriately characterize the importance of events of interest found in multiple environments.
- Experience with ArcSight SIEM platform.
- Hands on experience with Windows and LINUX servers.
- Experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Active Security+, CISSP, or similar information security certifications.
- Active Secret clearance.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.