Leidos has an Opening for a Senior-Level Watch Officer to support our customer's mission near Winchester, VA. The Watch Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Assist and facilitate the functions and capabilities of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) response operation center (ROC)
- Lead a team of junior watch officers
- Continuous information sharing, knowledge management communications, and reporting support with 2-person teams within the ODNI ROC.
- Develop response operations center routine and incident response procedures, job aids, checklists and response operations center daily situation reports
- Conduct alert notification of individuals and teams for the orderly transition to crisis team operations and processes, if required
- Draft daily and event driven Situational Awareness Reports concerning IC capability and capacity to provide intelligence, to include the execution of supporting contingency and continuity plans
- Provide support to ongoing IC continuity response activities, the response operations center, and alternate facility plans and procedures
- Support asset management staff in maintaining an accurate inventory and accountable distribution of equipment
- Participate in after-action reviews and corrective actions to address shortfalls identified during events or exercises, as directed
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience OR 8 year’s equivalent operations center experience. Relevant experience at all levels/sectors of government will be considered
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Knowledge of communications security and use of multiple communications systems (e.g., IC databases, notification systems, secure fax)
- Experience with 24/7 operations center operations
- Experience utilizing multiple communications systems (e.g. telephone, fax, radio, computer)
- Experience utilizing emergency response team rosters and emergency notification tools
- Experience recognizing situational awareness indicators and executing judgment of potential impact on mission operations
- Experience developing clear and concise written products that require minimal revisions
- Experience facilitating emergency communications
- Watch Officers are mission essential and should be comfortable working in a 365/24/7-hour work environment. Watch Officers work a panama shift schedule that rotates approximately each 4 weeks between a 5am-5pm and a 5pm-5am shift with days off between two back to back workdays
- Previous experience working rotating shifts is preferred
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.