Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Production Coordinator located in Bridgewater, VA. The job of the Production Coordinator is to act as a liaison between Leidos Engineering and production/manufacturing teams, including subcontractors, for aircraft modifications. The candidate will report directly to the SPD Production Engineering Manager.
The Production Coordinator's duties includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, coordinate, track, modify and close work orders for aircraft modifications and maintenance as directed/assigned by the Production Engineering Manager
- Status the progress of work orders. This includes tracking of outsourced fabrication of parts, assemblies, and installs throughout the manufacturing life-cycle including progress through quality assurance and quality control. Process and submit procurement requests to management for approval
- Identify problems or discrepancies with the manufacturing and/or installation of items, document the problems/discrepancies using Leidos configuration management processes, and report them to the Production Engineering Manager
- Supporting manufacturing and quality working groups including subcontractors to resolve issues, complete production tasks, and maintain project schedules
- Follow Leidos configuration management processes and procedures.
- Provide project management support by attending meetings, reviewing project schedules, and reviewing tasking priorities
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously utilizing sound production coordination principles to prioritize work to meet performance, schedule, and quality objectives
- Act as primary liaison with Leidos Engineering, program management along with sub-contractors.
- Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments; exercise frequent independent judgement, initiative and tact.
- Collaborate and problem solve complex issues with the engineering team.
- Use Leidos Configuration Management processes for organization and management of team information and documentation.
- Create, execute and close out all problem reports along with daily taskings in an efficient and timely manner.
- High School diploma, and three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Diverse experience working in an agile (quick reaction) environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Basic manufacturing process knowledge
- Experience with production planning, creating Bills of Material and reviewing manufacturing discrepancies.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field for production coordination/aviation.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software preferably SolidWorks
- ISO9001, AS9100, Six Sigma or, similar quality management system experience.
- Aircraft structures experience
- Familiarity in machine, sheet metal and/or composite work
- Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.