Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Material Planner to provide mission critical support to our customer. As part of an Agile Team, you will responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans. Must have the ability to work with Programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met. Reports to Strategic Sourcing and is located on the customer site supporting directly the Program Manager’s team.
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements.
- Must have the ability to work with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Requires purchase card experience, and the ability to do billing reports every two weeks.
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing, shipping, receiving and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Advises programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning.
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Creation of a Bill of Materials.
- Maintains accountable record in customer’s property accountability system and serves as Responsible Officer.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for purchasing card orders and federal ordering systems
- Candidate must have BA with 8-12 years of relevant buying. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of education.
- Supply Chain Management experience / certificates
- MRP knowledge or experience
- AWS cloud computing and billing
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.