Leidos is looking to hire a Project Manager to join our newly awarded NGEN-R program.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from initiation to final operational stage. Other duties and responsibilities includes:
- Work with senior management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules. Propose and develop add-on program opportunities.
- Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria.
- Facilitate the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Advise senior management on project management capability and risk.
- Partner with senior executives, strategic account executives, program staff and capture managers to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive analysis
- Develop, track, and execute a customer and industry (competitor) call plan(s) and future opportunities from lead generation to capture stages of business development cycle.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy and a marketing plan for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Leidos enterprise to support opportunities
- Support Operation marketing efforts by developing collateral, white papers, and by working with Solution Architects to properly develop and market technical capabilities.
- Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources, and risk.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related technical field and a minimum of 15 years of experience or a Master’s Degree and a minimum of 13 years of experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with TS eigiblility
- Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI
- Prior Navy or Marine program experience highly desired
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.