Serves as the DHMSM program Business Development Manager responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of all DHMSM proposal and ROM activities including collection and analyzing programmatic information to ensure data meets proposal requirements. Business Development Manager will maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization including the contracts officer and CORs.
We are looking for someone with experience in bid and capture management and thrives in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to demanding deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
The Business Development Manager will have primary responsibility for bid governance and client response compliance. They will be responsible for the management of the opportunity from qualification through to contract award. They will be accountable for winning specific business opportunities and will provide the leadership to the bid team through to award of the contract.
The Business Development Manager will support the DHMSM Program Management Office to drive strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning business development and capture strategies. This critical role, supporting the diverse IDIQ portfolio, will include responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal operations, and strategy. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Manage all aspects of the planning and execution of all bid activities, including, budget administration, resource estimation and development and execution of the bid management plan to deliver the overall proposal response,
- Manager dedicated Proposal Manager,
- Develops and maintain the bid management plan and schedule, gaining buy-in / understanding from the bid team and key stakeholders / management team,
- Be responsible for managing the bid plan and timetable and ensuring the status is always clear, reporting on our progress and any required recovery plans,
- Ensure quality content is being developed and produced from key contributors to the planned schedule,
- Prepare and train bid members, as required, in bid process methods to ensure understanding and adherence to the process, practices and schedule,
- Manage the business approval process and any security and export processes / approvals and the final production and proposal delivery arrangements.
- Ensure configuration control of key bid documentation and ensures effective communication of changes to stakeholders,
- Manage any resubmission or clarification activities through to contract award,
- Define the customer engagement strategy and engage senior DHMSM Leadership in contact activity as required,
- Personally engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues, concerns, and hot buttons,
- Grow and maintain the DHMSM opportunity pipeline,
- lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities,
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies,
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Division,
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and 12+ years in a Business Development or a Capture Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Proven track record of successful capture management at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.