Leidos’ Corporate Payroll Services team is seeking a customer service oriented Payroll Compliance Specialist. Please note that this role does not involve processing payroll as a primary job responsibility. You will need to understand the payroll process and may be required to help as needed, but your primary duties will involve auditing functions, process improvements, tax adjustments, garnishment compliance, and serving as a liaison between the various functional payroll teams. This position reports to the US Director of Payroll and will be 100% remote with less than 10% travel required on a future basis (after COVID).
- Review, audit and balancing of all time card and payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits, compliant with federal & state regulations
- Participate in coordination of system changes and required user acceptance testing activities to bring about desired results including the development of testing methodology, test scripts, validation processes, and final user sign-off criteria
- Liaison between Payroll Operations and Payroll Systems and Solutions
- Support Garnishment Compliance
- All Unemployment claim requests for information from internal business partners
- Documents payroll processes and procedures; may train payroll department staff. May back up those who perform specialized tasks or activities such as stock option exercises, ESPP Refunds, etc.
- Verifying request for wage moves (checking home/work locations) before they are submitted.
- Audit payroll processing to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Audit Lead for DCAA and external audit data requests
- Audit for unclaimed property and escheat coordination with internal business partners
- Assist with QTR/YE Audits and other one-off audits that arise.
- Tax Support including employee escalations, agency research, and other support as needed
- Employee communications as directed from VP, Director, or PR Operations Manager
- Annual tax reporting activities (i.e. Death Payment Reporting to A/P)
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of Payroll experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing and payroll audits
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Knowledge of various payroll systems such as ADP or Ultipro
- Experience with electronic time keeping system
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.