The Leidos Security Detection & Automation Group has an immediate opening for a Director of Manufacturing Operations to support our Leidos Security, Detection & Automation Group.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Direct manufacturing operations for products manufactured across Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) portfolio to include; Hold Baggage Inspection Systems, Checkpoint X-Ray, Millimeter Wave, Electronic Trace Detection & Non-Intrusive Inspection systems for Ports & Border security applications.
- This role will manage multiple sites to include the main manufacturing/production site in Vista, CA , and repair centers in the UK, Bedford/Tewskbury MA, and St. Petersburg FL.
- Responsible for establishing operations lead for each key site.
- Ensure quality and compliance against Leidos design standards for products manufactured at contract manufacturer locations and from within Leidos manufacturing facility in Vista, CA.
- Ensure timely delivery of products to align revenue expectations for the monthly, quarterly & annual operating plan.
- Oversee material planning functions for new product order execution including systems built to forecast and optional equipment that is required to ship with specific customer orders.
- Ensure Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) meetings are held across the SD&A business lines to inform product forecast and ensure timely delivery of that forecast to Leidos contract manufacturer.
- Ensure timely delivery of products from the forecast align with revenue goals for the monthly, quarterly & annual operating plan for SD&A.
- Oversee repair depot capability and material planning for repair depots in Tewksbury, MA and Vista, CA.
- Oversee Manufacturing Engineering to ensure incorporation of Engineering Change Orders and Obsolescence management.
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering or Scientific field of study.
- Master’s Degree in Business (preferred)
- At least 12 years’ applicable experience in related technical field as described in the responsibilities of this role. **Technically qualified candidates with less years' working experience able to demonstrate progressive and successful execution with management of services and delivery similar environment and scope/size will also be considered
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years of strong management experience in environments accountable for health and safety and product manufacturing
- Established track record of leading, driving, and managing delivery in a manufacturing environment where systems and processes may not yet be centralized and established, and require tailoring or customization to meet requirements for delivery essential
- Direct experience successfully working in an environment with customized moderate manufacturing on commercial or defense aviation programs is needed to meet expectation to quickly transition and take ownership of this role
- Sound engineering background and technical understanding will enable you to successfully provide manufacturing influence with design teams, work multi-system tools, and provide expert guidance for applicable solutions
Preferred/Differentiating experience for stronger consideration:
- Supply chain, logistics, and materials management
- Experience with radiographic imaging systems
- Global/International experience
- May be required to pass a DHS treasury background check.
Travel Required: 25%
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.