Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Incident Response Engineer.
IR daily activities/Candidate Daily Responsibilities:
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, its bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code to identify, contain, eradicate, and ensure recovery from incidents
Features of the candidate/job:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Able to work 24x7 shifts
- Mid IR (Tier II): 3-7 years of SOC/IR experience
- Sr IR (Tier III): 7+ years of SOC/IR experience
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
- Typically require BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience. Will conciser more relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Specialized Skill Areas:
- Digital Forensics
- SIEM Exposure
- Incident response triage
- Malware reverse engineering
- Threat hunting
Must have at least one of the following certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
- Must be US Citizen
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.