Leidos’ corporate Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) organization is seeking a Strategic Planning Analyst to help shape Leidos’ strategic direction and drive growth and profitability. This position will be located at the Leidos headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and will work under the supervision of the Corporate Strategy Directors and with employees across the company to develop, communicate and help implement strategies to drive growth. This role provides an opportunity to conduct research and perform quantitative analysis in support of elements of Leidos’ corporate strategy, market strategies, diligence on potential strategic partners and acquisition candidates, and organizational performance improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have previously served in a business strategy consulting or investment banking role with a top tier firm, or in a corporate strategy or corporate development role with an aerospace or technology services company.
- Works collaboratively on a team under the supervision of a corporate strategy director, owning an important aspect of assigned corporate strategy projects.
- Identifies information sources, gathers and interprets data, executes analysis and provides findings to corporate strategy and other business leaders.
- Conducts interviews with employees, partners and third party experts to gather data needed for analysis and development of strategic recommendations.
- Builds financial and other quantitative models to support strategic recommendations.
- Provides insights and recommendations to assist strategy team in development of solutions and plans.
- Develops action plans to implement strategy recommendations and measures progress against metrics.
- Collaborates with employees across the company to implement recommendations when required.
- Develops presentation material and supports corporate activities such as strategic advisory group, Leidos board of directors meetings, investor briefings, and CEO presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated capability in, and familiarity with, market research and financial analysis.
- Ability to collaborate and work with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Skills required: Presentation development (PowerPoint) and financial and quantitative modeling (Excel).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Strategic Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.