Leidos is seeing candidates for a Program Manager to lead our team at the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Headquarters in Silver Spring, MD.
He or she will follow the established guidance of DVBIC HQ. Facilitates information flow at Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) Headquarters (HQ) between contract members (at HQ and sites), department/office staff lead (at HQ), government leadership and staff. S/he will oversee and execute the HQ and site contract personnel actions, manpower utilization, workflow and operational procedures as outlined in contract requirements. Broad, in-depth, experience in business process development, process improvement, change management, project management, systems integration and general leadership and management. Broad skills and significant depth of experience in a variety of disciplines ensure rapid diagnosis of organizational performance and business systems gaps. Significant experience across all line and staff disciplines enhances ability to accurately prescribe and communicate organizational remedies. Demonstrated expertise in providing guidance and direction to small and complex projects and programs; proven abilities in process development for organizationally critical processes, process improvement, change management; demonstrated capability in managing multi-task projects and programs of high complexity; broad responsibility in process design, implementation and integration. Primary functions include specific and comprehensive analysis of organizational processes, systems and personnel in relation to core goals and strategic direction.
*This position is contingent upon Leidos receiving contract award
- Serves as lead contractor and single point of accountability for the all DVBIC support on this contract and provides oversight to contractors within all DVBIC sections.
- Provides oversight and direction to Deputy Program Managers.
- Facilitates information flow between network site contract members, DVBIC leadership, Site Directors, government staff and contract company POC.
- Provides oversight regarding the site and HQ contract expenditures to include individual projects as required.
- Analyzes cost and pricing data submitted to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs.
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to accomplish tasks.
- Oversees internal auditing of contractor performance, internal program assessments, quality of work and quality of deliverables.
- Prepares program summaries and reports for DVBIC leadership and others as required and/or requested.
- Provide advice on manpower utilization, work flow and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and make overall improvements for the program.
- Provides ad hoc reports as requested.
- Prepares requests for actions/proposals and other projects as needed.
- Ensures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules and provisions.
- Masters in management or health related field required. 6 additional years’ experience in lieu of masters’ degree.
- 10 years related experience working with government agencies, contracting, and program management required.
- Knowledge of large federal program management and federal budget process required.
- Ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple sites and complex issues at any given time required.
- Must adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.