Leidos is searching for a Communications Manager to support the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located at their HQ in Silver Spring, MD directing and overseeing communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
He/she will conduct market or public opinion research to assess program outcomes. Suggest promotional campaign ideas in various types of media, as well as counsels top management on effective communication strategies. Apply knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures, leads and directs the work of others. Serve as the point of contact for internal and external communications.
*This position is contingent upon Leidos receiving DVBIC contract
- Manages a multi-disciplinary team of communications and graphics design professionals across the headquarters and centers within the organization. Provides the day-to-day support to the clients and team members.
- Serves as the central point of contact for the team, directly interacts with PAO leadership as well as DVBIC directors and senior leaders.
- Manages and facilitates the workload of team members to prioritize tasks as requested by clients, translating clients’ priorities and organizational policies into practice for the team.
- Provides subject matter expert consultation and functional skills to develop and support the organization’s communications missions, both internal and external. This includes an overall communications strategy as well as smaller campaigns or themed plans.
- Reviews and approves all materials and deliverables before sending to the client, ensuring consistently well developed and error free deliverables.
- Applies knowledge of the environment and best practices and industry standards to recommend and implement solutions to better integrate and strengthen DVBIC’s brand and media presence.
- Actively promotes and represents a professional work environment.
- Provides strong written and verbal communication, strong problem solving skills, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of military organizations and other Government agencies.
- Displays a willingness to lead a productive team, shows strong organization skills, and manages multiple timelines
- Bachelors’ degree required. 4 additional years’ experience within similar work setting in lieu of bachelors’ degree.
- 8 years related experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of oral and written communication and skill sufficient to develop a wide variety of complex written and visual informational materials.
- Knowledge of technical and professional guidelines applicable to communication initiatives such as libel and copyright laws, Privacy Act implications regarding the release of information, and relevant DoD regulations and practices.
- Skill in using software applications in the development of communications products such as web design and content, brochures, briefing materials, and marketing tools.
- Excellent oral and written communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
- Prior experience within the DoD system
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.