Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for assisting the Program Manager with supporting the planning, organizing and managing resources, including subcontractors. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading large Information Technology programs maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction while motivating staff to meet and exceed customer. The Deputy Program Manager will lead meetings with key stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze impact, and finalize plans. This position will require demonstrated ability to create input for data-driven decisions, and a track record of follow through on the implementation of such decisions. Proven leadership in communication, relationship management strategy implementation and program management. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with a Polygraph.
- Support the Program Manager to meet all technical, financial, and contractual and performance requirements to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
- Directly contribute to program efforts in several areas, including cost management, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities
- Utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as review technical documents
- Jointly responsible for program/project management operations and resourcing of all program and project requirements, including staffing
- Communicate and coordinate the resolution of all project related issues to the appropriate Government lead
- Provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer's organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations.
- Manage a diverse team of professionals to ensure the success of the program requirements.
- Experience managing large IT programs/projects
- Exceptional staff and customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities working with senior management to influence and find solutions.
- Ability to write/document and present materials.
- Experience working in a prime-sub “one team” environment
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and experience building trusted relationships
- Knowledge of industry practices, and ability to apply advanced principles and concepts
- Experience providing effective feedback and peer review of work products/deliverables
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and efficiently work several projects simultaneously with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a program in a high tempo, high demand environment
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience as a Project Manager on a multi-faceted project
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.