More About the Role:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continual operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). The Project Manager ensures projects assigned to them achieve cost, schedule and performance goals.
What You'll Get to Do:
- This position will prepare cost estimates for business requirements and follow the project through to completion. (deployment).
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Build strong customer relationships.
- Track cost schedule and performance of projects.
- Ensure customer is informed of project status.
- Create project reports and brief upper management on project status.
- Work with procurement, engineering and deployment in a matrix organization to achieve project goals.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with 2-4 years of experience as a project manager, customer service, or IT – equivalent experience/combined education with 5 years of professional experience will be considered.
- Organizational skills to include tracking project cost, schedule and performance.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Develop presentations to brief customers and management.
- Understand and perform in a matrixed environment.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Clearance Requirement: Secret (Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to have:
- TS clearance.
- DHS or other government contract experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.