Leidos is seeking Health and Fitness Athletic Trainers for an opportunity to join The Army Holistic Health and Fitness Program
The Athletic Trainers will support brigade-based Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Human Performance Teams (multi-disciplinary) focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new H2F System by providing expert coaching on proper body mechanics and efficient movement techniques in the training and field environment and in coordination with the physical therapist (PT). Collects and reports data and recommends and advises the Human Performance Team and unit leadership on all injury issues related to physical readiness training (PRT).
- Provides evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of acute musculoskeletal conditions before, during, and after physical readiness training (PRT).
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from a college or university accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Licensed and board certified.
- Must have a passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) for the Athletic Trainer examination and hold credentials of Athletic Trainer, Certified (ATC)
- Local and long distance travel may be required to perform services.
- Certifications in Basic Life Support and automated external defibrillators (AED).
- Ability to function as an integrated member of a Brigade-based multi-disciplinary team.
- Posses or obtain A National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Knowledge of emerging best practices within the health and fitness industry.
- Ability to physically train in an austere environment/terrain and lift/manipulate loads up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to gain access to military bases and follow security, environmental, and cyber regulations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
*These positions are contingent upon Leidos receiving H2F contract.
Work will be completed at various military bases around the US including:
Ft. Bragg NC
Ft Bliss, TX
Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Ft Drum, NY
Ft Polk, LA
Ft Bragg, NC
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.