Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
This position is for a Project Manager on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT infrastructure and applications services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, software application support, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program is expanding and has a need for a Project Manager to lead key projects and activities across the program. These efforts may include any of the following:
- Leading infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, modernizations and new technology insertions, such as tech refreshes, enhanced monitoring solutions and improved backup/restore/Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Leading software and operating system upgrades and modernizations, such as cloud migrations, COTS product assessments and implementations, and portal enhancements.
- Leading process improvement and efficiency enhancement efforts such as application of AI, ML and RPA tools to drive increased automation, implementation of solutions to increase self-service, and increased cross-program standardization of tools, technologies and best practices.
- Lead small program proposal and pricing activities which contribute to on-contract growth.
This position requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will have excellent communication and leadership skills.
The tasks required for this position include:
- Serve as the primary interface between Leidos and customers for the assigned projects.
- Create and execute project schedules and work plans, and revise them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage and direct the daily activities of project team members to ensure project objectives are met on schedule and with high quality.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning, managing and tracking project progress.
- Provide regular project status to Leidos management and customers as required, including written reports, presentations and status meetings.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience, or a Master’s degree with 6+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Leadership skills and experience
- IT, Infrastructure and/or Software experience
- Experience establishing goals, generating schedules and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in engineering or software development
- Agile experience or certifications
- Cloud experience, particularly with cloud migrations
- Experience leading IT infrastructure or software application projects or teams
- IT Services experience
- Customer interface or customer service experience
- Proposal experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.