Leidos is seeking a Cyber Range Content Developer who will be the subject matter expert focusing on cyber scenario development services within our cyber range environment in support of customer’s training and internal training as well as exercise requirements. The Ideal candidate for this position will have previous cyber scenario content development experience on cyber training and range environments. They will have experience creating and managing immersive and realistic events that emulate traditional cyber threat actors operating against our cyber operators responsible for defending the Department of Homeland Security’s enterprise network. In addition, maintain an awareness of real world updates, threats and changes to individual and collective training requirements for cyber mission forces. Highly technical understanding of past and emerging vulnerabilities and exploits with the ability to replicate them. Participation in Capture the Flag events and bug bounties a bonus.
Cyber Range Duties:
- Create and Manage highly engaging Cyber Security Range environment that simulates real world scenarios and allows testing and practice of various response tactics and techniques.
- Develop attacker and malware scenarios that demonstrate current TTPs and facilitates training and learning with relevant Incident Response procedures.
- Create, maintain, and brief a Cyber Range Service Catalog to Customers (Internal & External) that illustrates Cyber Range offerings and capabilities, highlighting return on investment.
- Collaborate with SOC Subject Matter Experts and Customers to create and refine training that addresses customer needs and requirements
- Incorporate new technologies into the Cyber Range such as but not limited to SIEM (Splunk, ELK) EDR (Carbon Black, Tanium, Crowdstrike) IDS (Suricata, Snort, Bro/Zeek) that allows participants to utilize their current tool set and familiarize with new ones.
- Create and maintain Cyber Range network and system architecture documentation and diagrams.
- Research new vulnerabilities/exploits, create or obtain Proof of Concepts, and incorporate into Cyber Range.
- Design, create, and deliver Cyber Security curriculum in various formats.
- Create and maintain documentation for each Scenario that details how to administer, troubleshoot, and facilitate.
- Train staff on Cyber Range use to include but not limited to administering training, building scenarios, troubleshooting, and Cyber Range maintenance.
- Advise leadership on the resources/cost to produce training or scenarios given a timeline/scope of work
- Deliver Monthly Status report(s)
- BS Information Technology (IT)-related degree
- Active Secret clearance TS/SCI is preferred
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years’ experience:
- VM Ware/Hyper-V – Strong understanding of creating and configuring networks in the virtual environment
- Windows & Linux – Experience imaging and workstation configuration as well as a solid understanding of log sources and investigating log outputs
- Network Administration Physical Design, network builder and training session
- Minimum of 4-6 year’s cyberspace exercises and/or cyberspace range experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.