Leidos is hiring a AWS Cloud Systems Administrator (SA) ready to be a member of a dynamic and fast paced technical program in Washington, DC. Our program has full lifecycle Agile Software Development and O&M for our cloud systems. Our program works to develop and maintain a translation workflow tool to facilitate linguistics for the Intelligence Community.
The successful SA will provide hands on interaction and support for the entire team fulfilling and implementing O&M duties. The on-site SA will coordinate O&M cycles with program leadership to schedule O&M activates for efficient deployment of upgrades and modifications. The position will play a key role in building a new operational environment working through the ATO achievement and into full operations.
- Provide systems administration to three government systems conducting operational duties supporting security, configuration, networking, OS patching and applications deployments
- Works with a cross functional operational team in a cloud based, Windows 2016 OS environment
- Occasional support as Tier 2 and Tier 3 Help Desk support
- The SA will work with a high tempo Operations Team to maintain and deploy the customer system and application to ensure system security, integrity and health
- Will work onsite in DC alongside the Technical Lead, Senior DBA, Security Engineer and other Systems Administrators
- Provide keen insights and recommendations on best practices and implementations from a SA perspective
- Work closely with Security Engineer to meet NIST-800-53 controls and server STIG/Vulnerability compliance
- BS/BA Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Active DoD clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility and a polygraph
- 4 or more years of experience performing systems administration and O&M tasks for Windows systems
- Strong demonstrated working experience in the AWS cloud and as a systems administrator conducting maintenance on IT Windows Systems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- System hardening experience via Group Policy, system configuration, and WSUS patch management
- Assist help desk personnel with Active Directory and server connectivity/setup diagnosis
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Knowledge or experience with Risk Management Framework and Authority to Operates (ATO)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability working and engaging the customer almost daily
- AWS GovCloud, SC2S or C2S experience
- Experience with Oracle RDS 12c databases
- Security+ Certification
- CISSP Certification
- Certification as an Amazon Web Services Certified Associate
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.