Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is actively seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Mission Partner Environment Services (MPE-S) program in Tampa, FL. Leidos will provide full range of global support services for the enterprise MPE-S, which enables essential collaboration between the DoD and U.S. coalition partners, connecting nearly 45,000 global users in support of the mission. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
• Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
• Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction
• Manage all Exchange messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
• Install, maintain, and monitor equipment; which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
• Create and maintain technical documentation to include system design documents, network diagrams, user guides, and release notes
• Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Support existing Windows Environment, including AD, NTP, Exchange Email, SQL Databases and other standard Windows Server Services
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) and at least eight (8) years direct experience OR with at least fifteen ( years of general experience, of which ten (10) years is directly related experience, a degree is not required.
• At least Eight (8) years direct experience, in the last fifteen (15) years
• Requires current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• U.S. citizenship required with an active Secret clearance
• Experience in implementing and troubleshooting:
- vCenter and Virtual Machine administration
- Virtual Networking configurations
- Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- anti-spam, encryption and email tracking
- TLS configurations
- transport rules and e-discovery
- Windows, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
• Experience with the following:
- Powershell scripts for administration/automation
- VMware Operations Manager, LogInsight
- VBScript, Python, PowerCLI, etc.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.