Leidos Innovations Canada has an opening for a senior-level Programmer/Software Developer to provide support to a Royal Canadian Air Force Command and Control program based in Gatineau, Canada.
The successful candidate(s) will join a team of IT professionals collaborating on C2 systems, IT modernization programs, and integrating legacy and future applications, to include but not limited to AFCCIS, GCCS-J, NAPPIC and ULTool. The position entails leveraging previous expertise supporting these types of C2 systems.
In this mission, the successful Programmer/Software Developer will:
- Write and maintain source code, create and maintain software applications and apply frameworks involved in a software release, as well as draft and update associated documentation
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance ensuring system operates in conformance with specifications
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system
- Interface with customers and / or other departments on project status, technical issues, solutions regarding software system design and maintenance; installation of software system updates; and security
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status
- Coordinate and recommend changes through TA for work by programmers, designers, technologists, and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel
- Support training of users to new / modified applications and/or equipment
- Participate in product development, including integration with third party services, applications, and systems
- Participate in the development of documentation;
- Provide third line support to software users;
- Participate in software configuration management;
- Produce configuration, test, and implementation plans for updates and upgrades;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports;
- Monitor software performance and provide bi-weekly reports of deficiencies and enhancements
- Liaise with specialized teams to monitor mission planning applications performance and provide the technical authority with bi-weekly reports on deficiencies and improvements.
- Canadian citizen, Hold a Secret clearance
- Oral and written communication in English
- minimum of five (5) years demonstrated knowledge and experience within the last ten (10) years working as a Senior Systems Analyst in a military operational environment or the federal government, including supervising, monitoring and managing the rollout of software upgrades such as service packs
- at least three (3) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years analyzing, planning, implementing installation of new systems and/or modifications of existing systems.
- minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with software programming and documentation of AirForce or equivalent C2 systems and services
- experience developing / delivering training plans and manuals or demonstrating software capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in engineering or computer science with demonstrated experience in software development or software maintenance, OR a two-year college level certificate in computer science combined with a minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in software development or software maintenance;
- Training in IT software, experience with IT best practices, relevant IT certifications, quality assurance.
- Experience in the following areas: System architecture, Business Analysis, System Analysis, Functional analysis, Data Integration, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Experience with cloud based DevOps
- Ability to communicate in French
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.