Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, and 401K
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos is hiring a Senior Oracle APEX Developer/Database Analyst on the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program is expanding and is adding support for the Criminal Division (CRM). This position provides dedicated custom Oracle application development and database analysis support to the CRM customer.
This position is based onsite with the customer at one of the primary CRM locations in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers to understand requirements and mission needs, and then be able to translate them into actions.
The tasks required for this position include:
- Work at the direction of the program manager to support the full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, primarily using the Oracle APEX toolset.
- Serve as the backup Database Analyst (DBA) to provide coverage for Federal DBA position and to serve as an additional DBA resource for large DBA maintenance and support projects.
- Perform advanced use of Oracle APEX 4.0 and above
- Perform work with Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer
- Create dynamic reports within the Oracle APEX environment
- Provide support in the advanced use of Oracle Database products version 11 and above
- Provide support for Oracle database objects – tables, indexes, directories, sequences, triggers, etc.
- Provide support with PL/SQL, Java, Windows PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting with familiarity with built-in PLSQL packages and procedures
- Provide support with storage, efficient retrieval, and manipulation of unstructured data (BLOBs, CLOBs, JSON, XMLType) in an Oracle environment.
- Manage Daily DBA Operations for Oracle version 11 and above
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle database performance using Enterprise Manager
- Monitor and manage Oracle database operation using command line and Enterprise Manager
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage Oracle Fusion middleware operation
- Review database and Oracle Fusion middleware logs when issues occur
- Review nightly backups: RMAN, data pump exports and other Linux shell script-based backups
- Restore and recover Oracle databases or objects
- Research, Plan and Apply Bug fixes, Security fixes, or Patch Set Updates for:
- Oracle Databases
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Linux
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience, or a Masters degree with 6+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Experience with full lifecycle development of custom Oracle Applications, including the Oracle APEX toolset.
- Experience as an Oracle Database Analyst (DBA)
- Experience with use of Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Quest Toad and Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with PL/SQL, Java, Windows PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting with familiarity with built-in PLSQL packages and procedures
- Experience with storage, efficient retrieval, and manipulation of unstructured data (BLOBs, CLOBs, JSON, XMLType) in an Oracle environment.
- Agile development experience
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with Oracle Database products version 11 and above
- Experience with Oracle APEX 4.0 and above
- Experience with Enterprise Manager and Oracle Fusion middleware
- Experience troubleshooting operational issues
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.