Leidos is seeking an Junior Java Developer to support a suite of projects aligned with critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems in Baltimore, MD on our SSA ITSSC II program.
- Serves as an entry level developer to facilitate continuous development, integration, deployment, testing and monitoring in a fast-paced environment
- Perform all aspects of the development tasks, including front-end, back-end, and database development using modern coding technologies
- Work closely with requirement and testing teams to develop and enhance application capabilities
- Must maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA customers, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success
- BS Degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Familiarity with classes of technology used to create enterprise systems, such as object oriented programming, enterprise web application runtimes, relational and NoSQL databases, data interchange formats.
- Must be proficient in at least one object oriented programming language, such as Java, .NET, or Go, and be capable of learning other programming languages and environments as needed
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, with practical experience integrating an application with a database
- Knowledge of technologies such as Java, .NET, WebSphere Liberty; MongoDB, Oracle/DB2/PostgreSQL and SQL Server; and JSON
- Must possess outstanding communications, writing, and grammar skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust suitability determination
- Experience with Version One
- Experience with Agile project management method
- Experience with Version Control Software such as Bitbucket and Git
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.