This position is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. The Strategic Staffing Manager supports critical staffing for bids, proposals and program execution. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Candidates will need to exhibit an understanding of IT project management concepts, inclusive of scope, schedule, cost, resource, communication, risk, and stakeholder management. The Strategic Staffing Manager will analyze current and future program planning to determine measures required to improve, or maintain processes in order to meet customer requirements, and facilitate the smooth transition of staff on newly won programs and currently executing programs.
- Makes significant improvements in programs and solutions to enhance results
- Communicates with internal and external team members and customers
- Will be expected to communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Support the development of teams, inclusive of aligning personnel to basis of estimates, evaluation of candidates, and communicating progress to program leadership
- Responsible for defining resource needs and reporting progress to Program Management
- Responsible for assessing candidate applications and qualifications
- Support overall staffing management tasks
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with customer and Program Management leadership, and subordinates
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to understand IT requirements, formulate them into staffing requirements and document accordingly
- Experience identifying needs of organizations and creating requisitions for new employees
- Experience working with individuals to determine if they are a good fit for the program needs
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate ideas
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to effectively communicate results to leadership
- Understanding of application development teams organization and roles
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.