Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is actively seeking a Virtualization Engineer to join our Mission Partner Environment Services (MPE-S) program in Fort Meade, MD. Leidos will provide full range of global support services for the enterprise MPE-S, which enables essential collaboration between the DoD and U.S. coalition partners, connecting nearly 45,000 global users in support of the mission. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
• Work with Architecture and Engineering team to determine requirements for a VDI environment to then be deployed on premises
• Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment
• Work closely with the SMEs and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services
• Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource reports on a regular basis
• Coordinate through Engineering Review Boards the Plan and Schedule for the patch release of software and operating system updates as required
• Integrate and develop solutions in Multi-Enclave Client environment
• Communicate with colleagues across multiple areas throughout the team
• Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to the team be successful in our support service offering
• Create and maintain technical documentation to include system design documents, network diagrams, user guides, and release notes
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) and at least eight (8) years direct experience OR With at least fifteen (15) years of general experience, of which ten (10) years is directly related experience, a degree is not required.
• Requires current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• U.S. citizenship required with an active Secret clearance
• Experience with the following:
- MS server 2008 and beyond
- MS Active Directory
- Group Policies
- MS Office SQL 2005 and beyond
- IIS 6.0 and beyond
- VMWare View
- Windows 7 and 2010
- ThinApp technology
- Microsegmentation (as it pertains to virtual desktop infrastructures)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.