Leidos is in search of a multi-talented Creative Director to lead a studio team of digital artists, programmers, and designers in creating “cutting edge” Virtual Reality (VR) and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. Our client is a visionary leader that is bringing VR and digital training to the forefront of Air Force technical and specialty training for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) analyst and operators around the world. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your proven industry experience in the design and development of multimedia, video and VR gaming, utilizing the most renowned commercial development tools available such as the Unreal Engine and Unity. Your direct leadership will shape the future of Air Force training and help save lives! Ideally looking for someone local to the San Antonio, Texas area but telework is also an option with 10% (or less) travel to San Antonio.
You will leverage your expertise and collaborate with Airmen and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) experience to create training tools that replicate real military assets. Our foundation of building virtual training is to create high fidelity photorealistic “digital twins” that function as freestanding Virtual Reality and PC instructional software packages. This process of creating pixel-perfect digital models uses our unique photogrammetry based pipeline, high resolution modelling, ultra-realistic texturing, and implementation into a real time scene in Unreal engine. Additional training solutions will include but not limited to utilizing Instructional System Designers, 2D/3D artists to create modern online courseware with commercial quality toolsets like Articulate Storyline 360. Your core role will be to lead creative efforts along multiple fronts to direct compelling and effective VR and web based training to support our client’s diverse requirements.
As Creative Director, our client will rely on your expertise to provide firsthand knowledge to guide the programs technical and creative direction by responding to industry trends, innovations and breakthroughs. You will shape the studio identity, capability and strategic direction, with a stake in the Air Force expression in everything we do.
- Working with senior management and the Air Force you will establish and drive the creative vision.
- Translate basic requirements into innovative vision for enhancing virtual training and solving real world problems for our client.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at various levels to refine project scope and direction based on client and user feedback.
- Collaborate with various leaders in the company to help market our team’s core capability across the firm.
- As a seasoned professional, you will be instrumental in the direct development and mentoring of studio talent.
- Articulate visionary who can inspire and lead a cross-functional team of professionals.
- Expert at driving consensus, creating alignment, and inspiring teams.
- Outstanding creative and analytical writing skills to include creating software design documents.
- Expert designer with deep Unreal Engine understanding to lead cross-functional teams in developing custom training solutions for the 16th Air Force.
- Veteran systems designer experienced in directing multiplayer games from concept to delivery.
**Submitting a career portfolio is highly encouraged for consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience in releasing commercial software or application game titles in an End-to-End Creative Director or a Senior Leadership role in close significance to a Creative or Studio Director.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience.
- 10+ leading creative design or leading a specialty team in single and multiplayer applications.
- 10+ years designing and implementing the layout, scripting, mechanics of PC, Mobile or Console games for industry or commercial sale.
- 10+ Years directly managing and mentoring teams in a game studio environment.
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of commercial MMO's and latest trends.
- Direct understanding of art and software developer tools utilized in major game engine and studio production.
- Experience with narrative design, concept development, and world/level design/building.
- Proven leadership on one or more major releases from concept to customer or title release.
- Professional business and writing skills commensurate with position. Ability to articulate strategic vision of the team’s capability and assist Senior Management in marketing across the company to create future growth.
- Diverse experience in software production cycles to include building, launching, and supporting online service games.
- Director level understanding of programming and digital art production fundamentals.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (requires US citizenship).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.