Leidos is looking for a highly capable and experienced test engineer to join the Leidos team to support testing of access control systems for a government customer. The successful candidate will support continuity of our customer’s mission by helping ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of IT systems.
The Test Engineer defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets tests for processes, functions, system integration, and user acceptance testing including test units, processes, and functions. Conducts system integration tests and user acceptance testing, creates automated test scripts, and coordinates with the development team to perform tests. Documents the successes and failures of all executed test procedures. Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups. Participates in the development, maintenance, and refinement of quality control and reliability programs.
The Test Engineer will:
- Work with design engineers, production personnel, customers, and other stakeholders to identify and develop verification methods for system, subsystem, and component level requirements
- Investigate problems referred by customer support
- Plan, manage, and track project test efforts
- Evaluate and develop detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Oversee and perform testing in a DevOps environment
- Support testing after each deployment
- Work with automated testing techniques
- Work with JUnit
- Oversee and perform test reporting
- Interact directly with customers, teammates, and functional peer groups
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of software systems
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
Education and Experience
- Requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Sciences
- Advanced degree
- Experience with test automation methodologies
- Experience conducting unit testing of software modifications
- Experience with SecDevOps
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.